Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thought of something!

"The Old Insanity" [to your right] - the anniversary of that happened this past weekend. I was surprised to be reminded of that during mass this past weekend when they mentioned Jim as the mass intention for the anniversary of his death. And surprised that it had been 3 years ago. I suppose I could have realized that simply by looking at the old blog entries, but I guess I really don't think of myself as having been here in Wisconsin that long [or want to think of myself as having been here that long? maybe...]

"I'm From The Internet!"
You know, yesterday Jason's brother took off for Belgium, and of course I was insanely jealous of the opportunity to not only go to europe, but the fact that he would be moving there soon. I had asked Jason about it, and he said that his brother had friends that he had met on the internet and would go to visit them, and in doing that he and his wife had decided to relocate. My initial reaction was terror for him, thinking "that can never go well!!" and that I had personal experience with that specific scenario [without the cool european relocation part - just a crummy midwestern relocation] but then I realized that if it hadn't happened that I'd have never met Jason, so even though it has been unbearable for the vast majority of the time since I stepped onto that train in Pioneer Square, the good that was finding Jason outweighs all of it. The internet is so full of surprises.

No comments: